Last Modified: May 11, 2017
Your privacy is important to us. We comply with the privacy laws and regulations of the United States of America. We make no representation that this Site is governed by the laws of other nations, or that the Site or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in other jurisdictions. Individuals who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. By using this Site, visitors from outside of the United States of America acknowledge that this Site is subject to U.S. laws and regulations and waive any claims that may arise under their own national laws.
What Information We Collect
Freedom Partners Action Fund collects two types of information from users: Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (or “Non-PII) and “Personally Identifiable Information” (or “PII”). Non-PII is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity. PII is information that identifies or can identify you as an individual (such as contact information (zip code, email address and demographic information).
Non-Personally Identifiable Information – When you visit and interact with the Site, Freedom Partners Action Fund and third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services to us may collect Non-PII (for example, a catalog of the Site pages you visit). Non-PII is anonymous and does not identify you personally. Non-PII is generally collected through the Site from four different sources: Internet Protocol addresses and web logs; cookies; pixel tags and other similar technologies; and other Non-PII that you voluntarily provide.
Internet Protocol Address: We collect an IP address from all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you access the Internet. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyze trends, track users’ movement through our site, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the Site, and deliver customized, personalized content.
We and our service provides may also use Pixel Tags, web beacons clear GIFs or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. Pixel Tags do not contain any PII and allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of our promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when an email has been opened.
Information you voluntarily provide may also collect certain information (e.g., your geographical location, your genre preferences, etc.). When such information is not combined with any PII, such information is considered to be Non-PII, as it does not personally identify you or any other user. Additionally, we may aggregate PII in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site, for example, by using PII to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code. Such aggregate information is considered Non-PII for purposes of this Policy.
How We Use Your Information
We use information collected through our Site for the purposes described in this Policy or elsewhere on our Site. For example, we may use information we collect:
- To answer, process and complete your requests and any related transactions.
- to send you confirmations, updates, alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of and our operation of our Site;
- to send you information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, products and services;
- to help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers and other support for Freedom Partners Action Fund and for issues and organizations we support;
- to remind you to register to vote and to vote;
- to request feedback and to otherwise contact you about our Site or our activities, positions and issues;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments and requests;
- to monitor and analyze site usage and trends and to personalize and improve our Site and your experiences on our Site, such as providing content or features that match your profiles or interests;
- to serve ads on this or other websites or media based on the information you provide and the actions you take; and,
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- With our vendors, database services, consultants, and others who work or volunteer with us.
- with organizations, groups or causes that we believe have similar viewpoints, principles or objectives;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims, or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- when we believe in good faith that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or to protect the rights, property or safety of Freedom Partners Action Fund, our employees, our members, our volunteers, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect such parties from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate or unlawful activity or use of our Site; and,
We are not responsible for the actions of any vendors, service providers or other third parties, which may further transfer information to other organizations or service providers, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices before disclosing information directly to any such parties. Nothing in this Policy restricts the sharing of aggregate information or information from which personal information has been rendered anonymous, both of which may be shared with third parties without your consent.
We use reasonable steps to protect the PII of our users. Unfortunately, however, no internet activity is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information. All information provided Freedom Partners Action Fund is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. We also protect your information by placing it on a secure portion of our Site that is only accessible by certain designated employees of Freedom Partners Action Fund. In the event you have a basis to believe that your PII is not secure, please notify us immediately in accordance with the Contacting Us section below.
If you sign a petition on or linked to our Site, you understand that the petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments publicly available. In addition, we may provide the petitions, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, stakeholders, or to the media.
When you use our Site, information and content you post in your profile, blogs, forums and other interactive areas of our Site, as well as any information you share with individuals through our Site or share through social network sites, will be available to other users and, in some cases, may be publicly available and available to third parties. In addition, when you sign up and create an account, certain information regarding actions you take through our Sites, such as joining a group, may be made available to other users and, in some cases, may be publicly available. We are not responsible for the actions of any third parties with whom you share personal information.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding the Use of Your Information?
Other Web Sites
Our Site contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which Freedom Partners Action Fund has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.